Getting your website on page one of Google is possible with backlinking strategies. Have you ever wondered what it would take to get your website ranked on Google – without using paid advertising like AdWords? Here are five things you can do to come up on the first page of Google.
First, you need to understand what it takes to rank in Google. You not only need to have a good amount of content on your site – you must have a greater number of backlinks to your website than your competition. Here are five backlinking strategies you can use for your site:
1. Create Web 2.0 properties and link them to your site. A few of the free web 2.0 properties are Hubpages, Tumblr and Wetpaint. Make sure your link contains anchor text that mentions the keyword you would like to rank for in Google. For instance, if you are trying to rank for “network marketing,” your link should say “network marketing.” Also make sure the title of your website includes your keywords.
2. Post videos on YouTube and link them to your website in the description area. Your video should be related to the keywords you would like to rank for, and should help people find a solution to a problem related to your keywords. Also make sure the title of your video contains keywords that you would like your website to rank for. Check out the YouTube Upload here (you’ll need a channel).
3. Create social bookmarks for your website. Good examples of social bookmarking sites are Delicious, Digg and Propeller. You can also bookmark to multiple sites at once using the free tool Social Marker. Social bookmarks rank well on Google because they are considered fresh content. Here are some examples of good social bookmark designs:
4. Write articles about your keywords and upload them to different article sites. Ezinearticles is especially good for getting the word out, but there are other sites as well. Make sure your article answers a question that people might have about your product.
5. Write press releases. Press releases rank really well in the search engines, and a backlink from a press release can bring you many visitors. Write a press release any time you have something newsworthy to write about, and make sure that your topic is related to the services you offer on your website.
Continually following these backlinking strategies can get you ranked on the first page of Google very quickly. Make sure you use the keywords you would like to rank for in Google in every possible place.